The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Global Studies and Languages Section, invites applications for a full-time Lecturer in German. This is a three-year appointment beginning July 1, 2019, with possibility of indefinite renewals. This position includes full benefits. Responsibilities include teaching six language (undergraduate) sections annually, developing innovative curricular materials for German language instruction, student advising, and other program duties.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in either German or related field such as teaching German as a foreign language, second language acquisition, or applied linguistics;
- Native or near-native spoken and written proficiency in German and English;
- A minimum of three consecutive years of teaching at a North American institution of higher education;
- A strong record of demonstrated excellence in teaching;
- A minimum of three years demonstrated interest and experience in language pedagogy, curriculum design, and development of new instructional materials (print, audio, video or digital);
- A record of on-going professional engagement and development.